The ISA Houston Scholarship submission is now closed. We will announce the names of the awardees after our next board meeting.
Fall 2017/ Spring 2018 Scholarships – Apply Now!
GUIDELINES for the 2017/2018 Scholarship Program
Following are the guidelines for the ISA – Houston Section Scholarship Program for the Fall 2017/ Spring 2018 academic school year, as approved by the Board of Directors. Please note this Scholarship is supplementary funding and is not intended to pay for any student’s full tuition for a full term or full school year. Amount of Scholarship may vary from year to year
- The minimum amount of the scholarship will be $1,000 for the academic year.
- Scholarships are awarded to successful applicants who will attend an accredited technical school, college, or university for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters as full time students (12 credit hours for undergraduate and 9 credit hours for graduate).
- Applicant must be nominated either by an ISA Student Section Faculty Advisor or an ISA Houston Section member who has attended a minimum of four (4) ISA-Houston Section monthly meetings or activities during the 2016-2017 ISA Houston Section fiscal year.
- Applicant must submit an essay of no less than 500 words (typed) describing his/her future goals and the contribution that a scholarship would make in achieving those goals.
- The applicant must submit an official copy of the most recent transcript.
- The applicant must submit three letters of recommendation from an individual familiar with the student (e.g. a teacher, coach, or mentor) but not related (not a family member or guardian) to the applicant.
- The applicant must submit a completed paper copy of ISA membership application (if not a member yet). Do not pay the fee; the ISA Houston Section will pay for the winner’s dues for 2017/18.
- If awarded a scholarship, the applicant and one guest of the nominating party will be invited to attend the scholarship award meeting/dinner (location to be announced). ISA Houston Section will pay for dinners of the scholarship recipient and one guest.
- All scholarship payments will be submitted directly to the college or university where the scholarship recipient is enrolled to pay for normal tuition, enrollment fees, and textbooks for the college of his or her choice.
- Applicant must send a clear “face only” photo. This photo will be used in our Newsletter.
Deadline for Application: To be considered, the application and associated documents must be submitted online no later than April 7, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants based upon the quality of essay, high school or college grades, accomplishments, and the Letter of Nomination. For questions, please contact Mary Cannon or any ISA Houston Section Board Member listed in the section’s newsletter or website.